How Company Swag can Improve Your Business
Any business leader who is in tune with the latest trends and statistics knows how vital employee motivation is. A positive work environment that encourages employees to be engaged, happy, and productive will inevitably result in success. It also increases employee retention and aids in recruiting new talent.
But developing this kind of workplace is not an easy task. Some of the most successful companies only reached the level they are at by focusing on building a culture that fosters connection and provides value to employees.
Building a Great Work Culture
Developing a warm culture for your employees does not happen automatically. It takes planning and intentional actions. It is also something that you cannot rely on others to implement. A positive culture starts at the top with your leadership.
Practice, Don't Just Preach
Company values are not meant to be lip service just to evoke customer loyalty or convince a prospect to apply. They need to be instilled in your culture. Take a look at the mission statement and values that your business has established and see if they match up with how the workplace operates.
Build a Community
How can employees experience company pride if they do not even feel connected to the organization? Forming deep roots in the business by connecting with coworkers and those in authority can improve morale and create a happier group that is more productive as a result.
Incentive programs such as giving company swag gifts are one of the best ways to boost company morale. They also let employees know that their hard work is appreciated. There are many different types of swag to choose from. The best type for your business will depend on your employees' interests and your unique company culture. Building a firm understanding of the latest trends in employee morale gifts is key to choosing the right types. When this is done, company morale and employee engagement will skyrocket.
The Power of Gifts
Giving something to someone for free as a reward for what they have done, or for no reason at all, produces a positive effect in the mind of the receiver. It demonstrates that the giver is thinking of the receiver and wants to do something for them that they will appreciate.
They are also not something that is owed or earned. A salary is something that an employee earns for the work that they do. A gift is something extra that the business presents them with to show extra care and proof of support. As a result, the receiver feels valued because it is something that they did not expect in the first place.
What is Swag?
You have probably heard this slang term before, but what does it actually stand for? The acronym actually means "stuff we all get," (the original definition of the word is not even close to this meaning). Basically, swag represents everyday items that companies will give away for one purpose or another, usually to reward employees, build brand loyalty with customers, or increase brand awareness with new audiences.
You can find swag almost anywhere, and it is possible that you have been influenced to buy from a certain company in the past because you noticed some of their swag in public. For these reasons, company swag can be a very influential asset for businesses that want to appreciate their employees and generate additional sales.
Perks of a Good Company Swag Idea for Businesses and Employees
Before we get into the list of branded swag items that your organization can use to boost morale, let's discuss some of the perks of using corporate gifting as an incentive program. We'll cover the benefits for both your business and its employees.
- Extended advertising: Swag is a great way to get your company name and logo out there. When employees wear or use your swag, they are essentially acting as walking advertisements for your company. This is great for any business, but especially for newer businesses that are trying to build their brand.
- Builds a sense of community: There is a reason why team swag, such as company uniforms and sports apparel, is so popular. It's human nature to want to feel like you are part of something bigger than yourself. Swag worn or used by employees creates a sense of community and makes an employee feel like they are part of a team. This is especially important in businesses where employees work remotely or from home.
- Employee retention: Employee retention can be challenging to achieve. One of the best ways to retain employees is by showing them that you appreciate all their hard work. Companies that provide staff with free swag are more likely to be viewed as generous and concerned with employee happiness and success.
- Recruiting new talent: A welcoming work environment is one of the top factors people consider when looking for a job. By providing swag to your employees, you essentially say that you care about their happiness and satisfaction. This makes it much easier for any company to up its recruiting game.
- Creates a sense of accomplishment: In addition to making team members feel like they are part of a team, employee swag can also be used as an incentive to make employees feel appreciated and accomplished. When employees receive recognition in the form of a tangible item, it makes them feel good about their work. This positive reinforcement can help boost productivity and employee engagement.
- Fosters feelings of being valued: Promotional swag is a fun and easy way to show your employees that you care about them. It's a simple gesture that can go a long way in making them feel appreciated. In turn, they will become even more engaged in their work.
- Builds community among team members: If there is an opportunity to use corporate swag to unite your employees, you need to take it. In a world where remote employees could feel like outsiders, finding ways to promote unity, even if it is just by gifting them with corporate swag, is crucial for team-building.
- Welcoming new hires: New workers and interns often come in with nerves and a little uncertainty about their place within your company. Welcoming them to the team with a company swag box is the perfect way to assist them in this transition.
- More invested in the company: Workers love to feel valued by their bosses, of course, but they also love to have agency and feel connected to the brand. As a business owner or executive, you can give them a chance to be a little more invested in the future of the organization with company swag. They will feel appreciative of the gesture, but they will also be able to promote the business by using or wearing the item in public. Then, when people notice the item or ask about it, they can proudly talk about the company they work for.
What Is the Best Company Swag to Boost Morale in 2022?
Now that we've discussed the perks of a fun company swag idea, let's go over some great swag ideas to boost morale at work with fun branding items in 2022.
- Promotional Clothing and accessories: Apparel and accessories are always a popular choice for swag. They are a great way to show off your company's logo while getting your name into the public eye. T-shirts, hats, and bulk-order tote bags are all great options, and they are perfect for employees who want to show their pride in their company. You could go the extra mile with a branded hoodie as well.
- Cheap custom pens: Custom BIC pens are one of the most affordable types of swag, making them a popular choice for many businesses. They are also a fun and practical way to show off your brand, as employees will likely carry them around with them wherever they go.
- Koozies: You know those little sleeves that people use to hold their drinks, especially with cans and bottles? Yeah, those are called koozies. As far as company swag goes, it's never a bad idea to allow your employees and customers to keep their drinks cool, (or warm), and be able to hold them comfortably.
- Stainless-steel tumblers: Tumblers are not only trendy and fun, but they're also practical custom swag items for employees. Companies can easily customize them with their logos and purchase stainless-steel tumblers wholesale. Employees will love using them to keep their drinks warm or cold all day long.
- Custom drawstring bags: Custom drawstring bags are another great option for companies looking for affordable swag. They can be easily customized with your company logo or slogan, and employees will love using them as a handy way to carry their things around.
- Device accessories: We practically live on our devices nowadays. Company swag that people can use with their favorite technologies can be extremely useful. Phone covers, card holders, phone or tablet stands, webcam covers, and power adapters would make great gifts for almost anyone.
- Personalized water bottles: A personalized water bottle is a great way to show your employees that you care about their health and well-being. They are also a practical choice, as employees will love using them to carry their drinks around with them.
- Canteens: For those of us who are adults, a customized canteen with a logo can make a great gift. Though the practical use for these items may be rare, they can be a fun product to show off to friends.
- Other unique promotional items: The best corporate swag ideas are unique. You could order some pet swag like branded dog bandanas, custom-designed collars, or other branded pet accessories. Wireless chargers are perfect for on-the-go personalities, and who doesn't love free portable chargers? Fill a swag box with multiple company swag ideas and give it as a gift during the holidays. Swag vendors offer plenty of options for the coolest swag, so do some research to see how you can appreciate your employees and excite customers.
Integrating Company Swag Ideas with Other Marketing Channels
Building a brand reputation requires a cross-media approach to marketing, and employees are not the only ones that can operate as walking advertisements. Most businesses cannot thrive by focusing on one channel alone. While company swag ideas are certainly effective on their own for promoting a business, they can accomplish much more when combined with other marketing efforts.
Social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIn are perfect for integrating company swag ideas with other marketing channels. You can use these platforms to promote giveaways, share pictures of customers flaunting your branded items, and post contests for company swag prizes to your target audience. You can take advantage of hashtags as well to increase brand awareness. Encourage customers to post pictures of themselves wearing t-shirts with a hashtag that is specific to your business.
Let's say you want to engage customers in a fun way through social media and reward them for doing so. Take a funny picture of some team members doing something interesting or weird at work. Then, run a caption contest on Instagram or Facebook to see who can come up with the most creative idea. Maybe the winners can win some tote bags, with honorable mentions receiving company swag facemasks.
This idea can generate a stronger relationship with customers, build your brand reputation, and create more impressions when the winners use or wear the prizes they received.
Email is still an incredibly effective tool for a marketing strategy. If you have invested in company swag, then you could offer them for free or at a discounted rate in your email marketing campaigns. This can draw extra interest to your actual products or services by getting a foot in the door of potential clients.
Anyone who has a pet probably adores that animal. This creates an opening for you to touch on an emotional subject...pets as members of the family. In your email, offer a chance for the customer's pet to win some swag items of their own by taking the desired action, like using a discount code at the online store or visiting the location in person. Since you are also looking out for their pets, customers will love your brand even more. Plus, not many things draw more attention than an adorable dog in a bandana, so it could lead to more impressions.
Establishing a Local Presence
Many businesses are heavily dependent on the local community for generating sales and turning a profit. Building your reputation in the neighborhood can go a long way toward reaching your business goals, and increasing visibility with company swag items can elevate your local efforts. Give away swag items at a local festival from a booth. Use print advertising to initiate a sweepstake with many small prizes for winners and a big reward for one lucky customer. Great company swag ideas can improve the business's presence in your local community.
One great example of using a t-shirt to grow awareness for the brand is participation in a charity race. There are so many 5Ks, color runs, half-marathons, and marathons throughout the year that it is hard to keep track. In your local geography, there is bound to be at least one of these events happening nearby at some point during the year. So here is what you do.
- Design a cool team shirt with your company name and logo.
- Build a team to compete in the race with your employees or most loyal customers.
- Enter the race and start as a unit.
- Offer to sell these t-shirts from a booth after the race.
This will give you more brand visibility with your target audience, show off cool custom designs for an item that you can sell, build camaraderie for your team members, and support a local charity all at the same time.
Sell Stuff on Your Website
Your website is already a digital storefront, so why not offer some extra products there? You can create a sales page dedicated to selling branded items, custom swag boxes, and other great ideas that increase brand recognition. Pair this with some social media posts that link to the page and you have a new online marketplace.
Sell Swag in the Company Store
People love to support the brands that they are loyal to. If that means buying branded swag from your stores like a t-shirt, gift bag, or tech accessories, then you will be able to leverage customer loyalty into creating new brand ambassadors. Have a section in your store dedicated to selling branded products and business swag to enthusiastic customers who don't mind spreading the word about your company.
Being Strategic with Your Company Swag Idea
Investing in a great swag idea is wonderful, but knowing how to use that swag is crucial. Before you start buying whatever cool item pops into your head, let's take a moment to consider strategy, at least in terms of growing your business.
Who is Your Target Audience?
The customers that most want your product or service should be the focus of most of your marketing efforts. The reason is they are the most likely to make an actual purchase and come back for more. They NEED what you are selling, or at least they think they do.
Understanding the lifestyles and habits of your ideal customers should guide your swag strategy. Company swag adds value to your business when it communicates a message to the right people. If your customers tend to be more athletically focused and obsess over fitness, then swag items like water bottles, gym bags, or sweatbands are going to be far more effective than, say, custom stickers. That type of item brings no value to them, so they will either not use it or not notice it when others do.
Where Will People See these Promotional Products?
This is a very important question to ask yourself when deciding what kind of swag to invest in, whether it is for employees, customers, or the general public. Where are people who own this item going to use it? Will they bring it with them to social gatherings? Will it only be used at home? Do they wear it to the gym? Does it stay in the office where they work?
If you have an idea of the locations where people are most likely to use and see these items, then you can determine if they are worth the investment based on if the right audiences are interacting with them.
When Will You Give These Items Away?
Consumer behavior is seasonal. People buy different things at different times of the year. They go outside during the warmer seasons and hunker down more when it gets cold. Why would you give away certain swag items when they won't even be used in the next six months? By then, they could be forgotten or thrown into a pile of junk that makes them disappear.
Instead, consider the times when you order promotional items. If winter is approaching, focus on hand-warmers, jackets, winter hats, or other themed gifts. In the build-up to summer, what products will people be using while outside in the sun? These details matter if you want to achieve maximum exposure for your brand with company swag.
What to Look For When Ordering Company Swag
Company swag ideas are great, but only if they are actually useful and made with quality in mind. Before you start ordering the best company swag ideas, you need to know what to look for from a swag vendor.
Items get cheaper the more you buy. This is true of most swag vendors as well. If there is no option to order in bulk, therefore lowering the average cost-per-item, then you may want to turn elsewhere for your purchase. The value of investing in promotional items comes down to numbers, and if you can bulk order corporate gifts or swag items for employees, then you can save money.
If the thoughtful gift that you want to use to improve morale is cheaply made, then you may end up damaging your company culture rather than elevating it. People are not stupid, and if they realize that you skimped on the corporate gifts and bought low-quality custom swag items, they will not feel valued and productivity could drop.
The company logo or name and its position on the promotional item are just as important as the item itself. The best swag companies use high-quality printing to ensure that this element of the design is sturdy and lasts for a long time. Otherwise, you are missing out on the ability to promote brand awareness. Plus, better printing means a better overall product that employees and customers will want to use.
You should also be able to customize to your standards with the vendor you choose. Limited creativity on your end could result in a poor company swag idea. Make sure that there is space for customization before choosing swag companies to supply your items.
Turn to 4AllPromos for the Best Morale-Boosting Promotional Products of 2022
Whether you are compiling a swag bag to gift new interns or want to thank your current team members, company swag is a great way to show your employees that you care about them and appreciate their hard work. By providing your employees with fun and trendy swag, you create a positive work environment that is conducive to productivity, employee engagement, and happiness.
Check out more promotional company swag options to expand your ideas for fun and trendy swag in 2022. Give us a shout if you need ideas for great swag boxes for your employees or are unsure what items would work best for a brand awareness campaign.